What We Do
Since 1975, the Monticello Lions Club has been a driving force in our community. We have been at the forefront of humanitarian efforts locally and have partnered with other amazing volunteer organizations to improve the lives of those around us and far beyond.
To leave our community and our world in a better place than how we found it, each and every day. To give of our time, energy, and talents to improve the lives of those who could use the help. To always put others' needs before our own in the name of service.
examples of What We've Achieved
- Pioneer Park in Monticello - (designed, built, & wired by the club)
- Around 6,650 Christmas food baskets have been hand packed and distributed over the years, equaling enough food to feed 26,500+ people
- Monticello Riverfest Celebration - The Lions created this event many years ago and continue to support it to this day alongside other valued partners
- It is estimated that more than 2 Million dollars have been donated back to this community and humanitarian projects and foundations abroad by our club
- Monticello Scholarship fund - Since 1983 we have contributed more than a quarter of a million dollars ($250,000)
- Health Center Building at Camp Friendship - (designed, built & wired by the club)